Email Marketing Platforms
Get more subscribers, send better emails, and track your results. Most good email marketing solutions will integrate with other programs, letting you unify all the moving pieces of your marketing strategy.
- Benchmark – Powerful and simple web-based email marketing tools to send, track and manage newsletters, surveys and online polls.
- MailChimp – Free for up to 2,000 subscribers. Send emails, and track results. Offers the most integrations with other programs.
- Prefinery – Create a virtual email waiting list by collecting beta sign ups and encouraging referrals.
- Vertical Response – Email marketing with autoresponder tools, unlimited forms, and integrations with Facebook and Twitter.
Landing Pages and Lead Capture Pages
A single landing page or lead capture page is a simple way to build a beautiful sales page, launch countdown or opt-in offer. The following free landing page creators are designed to highlight your best offers and generate more leads.
- About.me – A one-page personal website you can set up in just minutes.
- Digy – A single responsive HTML5, CSS3 landing page template.
- LeadPages Free Templates Resource – The ultimate list of free landing page templates from LeadPages (one of the most popular paid landing page platforms out there). You’ll need to code them yourself or hire a developer, otherwise you can sign up for LeadPages and not touch a line of code
- Landy – A simple and clean responsive landing page template. This one’s great for promoting your app, software, physical products or services.
- Ontrapages – A landing page creator with flexible templates and easy-to-use custom page builder to help you boost conversions for any event, product or launch.
- Landing Page Analyzer – How effective is your landing page? This free tool will tell you where and how to improve so it performs better.
List Building Tools
List building should be your Number One Priority. The good news is that there are many tools to help you supercharge your efforts–converting more visitors without needing to generate any more traffic.
- Gleam.io – Suite of marketing apps that help you run competitions, capture emails and showcase user-generated content.
- Hello Bar – Navigation bar that appears at the top of your site to collect email subscribers.
- IntroBar – Give your visitors a custom intro or offer based on where they came from.
- Opinion Stage – Create viral polls, quizzes and surveys to dramatically increase time spent on your website.
- Qzzr – Create, embed, and share your own quizzes as a way to drive social traffic and generate leads.
- SumoMe List Builder – A lightbox that helps convert visitors right before they’re about to leave your website.
- SumoMe Scroll Box – Captures emails through a very polite scroll box.
Social Media Tools
You don’t need to be on social media 24/7 to be effective. These tools can help you increase your followers, encourage shares and actually track results, all without the dreaded social media hangover.
- Bitly – Create, share, and track shortened or custom links.
- Buffer’s Blog – In-depth tutorials, studies and resources on how to make the most of your social media presence.
- How Many Shares – Enter any URL and get a total count of how many social media shares it’s received.
- SocialRank – Find and analyze your followers on Twitter and Instagram.
- Soldsie – Instagram captions and photos are not linkable. Soldsie uses your profile link to showcase your content and make your photos link to content your fans are trying to find.
- Thunderclap – Tool that acts as an “online flash mob” by allowing you and others to share the same message at the same time, amplifying your message across multiple social media platforms.
- Tunes To Tube – Upload MP3s to YouTube.
- Tweriod – Get the best times to tweet based on your and your follower’s activity.
Social Media Buttons and Plugins
Encourage social media sharing straight from your blog or website.
- AddThis – A collection of mobile-friendly share buttons, follow buttons, related posts plugins and targeting tools to help you increase your followers and engage readers on-site.
- Click To Tweet – Increase social media shares by pre-writing what you want readers to say. Add integrate a simple “click to tweet” button anywhere on your site.
- Disqus – The world’s most popular comment system for your blog.
- Filament – Free social sharing bar for your website.
- ShareThis – Free social sharing buttons for your website or blog.
- SumoMe Share – Smart share buttons optimized to increase social media shares on your website by 20%.
Social Media Publishing Platforms
Schedule, manage, post and plan all from one platform.
- Buffer – Share what you’re reading and schedule social media posts.
- EveryPost – All-in-one publishing tool that makes it easy to share multimedia content across multiple social platforms at once.
- Hootsuite – Manage up to three social media profiles and get basic analytics, content scheduling, lead capture campaigns, RSS feed integrations and free social media courses.
- <Later – Schedule and manage your Instagram posts.
- MavSocial – Organize all your visual content seamlessly publish it to major social media networks.
- SocialOomph – Boost your social media productivity by scheduling updates, finding new people to follow and track your activity.
- TweetDeck – Your personal social media browser where you can create, organize and share a timeline of the tweets you want using “Collections.”
Content Marketing Resources
Sure, content may be king but only truly great content leads to long-term business growth. These free apps, tools, resources and programs will help you create the best content for your business.
- Copyscape – Plagiarism checker that searches for duplicates of your content.
- CoSchedule Headline Analyzer – This free blog post headline analyzer will score your overall headline quality and rate its ability to result in social shares, increased traffic, and SEO value.
- CreateSpace – Self publish and distribute your books, DVDs, CDs and video downloads via Amazon.com.
- Emotional Marketing Value Headline Analyzer – Free tool will analyze your headline to determine the Emotional Marketing Value (EMV) score.
- Free PDF Creator – Create PDF documents from any Windows program including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Free Summarizer – Summarizes any text in just a few seconds, then sends you the summary via email.
- iBooks Author – Create and publish books for iPad and Mac. Features drag-and-drop templates and support for movies, audio and widgets, making it a great option for a multi-sensory and interactive experience.
- The Most Dangerous Writing App – The perfect cure for writer’s block—this web-based tool will delete your progress if you stop typing for more than five seconds.
- The Copy Cure – Learn three secrets to copy that connects and converts in this free sample class. Affordable full program available for purchase.
- Portent’s Content Idea Generator – Enter any keyword and get a catchy blog post headline (plus the resources on SEO, PPC and Content Marketing) to help turn that headline into a killer content strategy.
- Soovle – Find most-searched phrases from popular search engines (includes Amazon and Wikipedia) to find the most common phrases associated with your topic.
Automatic Editing Tools
Like anything, writing is a skill (and practice makes perfect). Use these online proofreaders and automatic editing tools to improve your writing in a snap.
- After the Deadline – Uses artificial intelligence and natural language processing technology to find your writing errors and offer smart suggestions.
- Correctica – Checks emails, documents, PDFs and blog posts and catches what spell checkers, grammar checkers, and human editors miss.
- Grammarly – Instantly fixes over 250 types of errors in your copy, most of which Microsoft Word can’t find.
- Hemingway – Web-based app that makes your writing bold and clear. Enter any text to see where you can simplify your prose.
- Paper Rater – Grammar and plagiarism checker.
- ProWritingAid – Analyzes your writing and produces reports on overused words, writing style, sentence length, grammar and repeated words and phrases.
- Writefull – App that provides feedback on your writing by checking your text against databases of correct language usage.
Gone are the days of sending Microsoft Word files back and forth. These writing platforms let you write, collaborate and publish all with one tool.
- Airstory – Research and write in one place. Drag-and-drop your research, data points, images, graphs and more into a single outline or doc.
- Draft – Writing collaboration tool with version control, editing assistance and cloud syncing.
- Penflip – Writing collaboration tool with one-click ebook publishing.
- ZenPen – Distraction-free writing zone.
Audio and Video Creation
Audio and video content is a the perfect way to provide value while showcasing your personality and expertise.
- Audacity – Multitrack audio recorder and editor.
- GarageBand – Music creation studio available for Mac and iOS.
- iMovie – Free video editing software that comes with Mac computers.
- Jing – Create and share images and video of your computer screen.
- Mazwai – Free high-quality video clips and footage.
- SoundCloud – Upload audio content for direct streaming or embed it on your website.
- Stupeflix – Simple video creation software using photos, videos, music and text.
- Windows Movie Maker – Free video editing software for PC.
- YouTube Directr – Create polished video ads right from your phone.
While YouTube is still the world’s biggest search engine (after plain ole Google, of course), there are some incredible alternatives that host your videos while offering more robust storage and analytics features.
- Vimeo – High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos in gorgeous HD and 4K with no ads.
- Wistia – Professional video hosting with viewer analytics, HD video delivery, and marketing tools so you can understand your visitors.
- YouTube – The world’s largest video sharing website.
Business Networking Tools
Networking doesn’t need to be that dreaded small talk around the punch bowl at your local rec center. The internet has made networking easier than ever.
- 4Over4 – 300 free full-color glossy business cards.
- BananaTag – Email tracking that shows when people open your messages.
- CharlieApp – Combs through 100s of sources to send you a one page summary on anyone, before you see them—great for sales pitches and meeting prep.
- Cold Email Generator – Create a 5-touchpoint campaign using a set of tested cold email templates.
- LinkedIn – The best social media platform for professionals. Make connections, send messages, join groups and publish content.
- Meetup – Online networking site that helps you organize or attend local groups that get together for face-to-face events.
- Norbert – Find anyone’s email address.
- QR Code Monkey – Generates custom QR codes for your website, virtual business cards and social media.
- Rapportive – Gmail tool that shows you everything about your contacts right inside your inbox.